Skip to main content

Falcon Heavy, Witnessing history 2/6/2018

If you know me, you are aware of my obsession with everything that Elon Musk has created. I follow his endeavors to make us sustainable and a multi planetary species. 
I knew he would be launching the Falcon Heavy but didn’t expect myself to be a witness.
Less than 2 weeks before the event, I had a regular customer from the restaurant I worked at (Bella Napoli) offer to pay for my hotel if I could get myself out to Cape Canaveral launch site.
Through a series of hectic events, I drove 4 hours through the night to get a new credit card, flew into Florida and drove another 2 hours to get to my hotel where they had lost my ticket to view the launch. No sooner than 3am they called to my room to say they had found my pass to view the launch.
Arriving at 9am to the Kennedy Space Center, the day began as a tourist wandering through historical equipment. Meeting people who’d worked on the antennas of the falcon 9 and boosters as well. I looked up from the grassy lawn into the clear blue sky.
The window for launch opened at 11. Would close at 3pm. The winds picked up and began the long delay. Elon Musk himself was expecting doom for the launch,
At 2:30 the falcon heavy began fueling. At 2:45 the countdown began. It was the beginning of history. The beginning of the future. 
To think on this moment for too long will always bring my emotions forward. 
You could hear it. You could hear the sound of energy, and passion. The sound of physics and problem solvers. The sound of sweat, and anger, failure and discovery. And through the break on the trees, out came the Falcon. The Falcon Heavy with a payload of 1 ruby red Tesla roadster 250k thousand dollars worth of beauty and design with spaceman as the pilot.
Next was the ballet of the two boosters doing a backflip back to hear, and landing in permit syncrony. The most beautiful display of love for humanity that I’ve ever seen or heard.
The sound of the engines was more than any poem of roses. 
The sparkle and fizz brighter than any twinkle in a lovers eye.
I watched history make it’s next step towards the future. 
It holds in my heart as one moment along with the other love affairs.
I called my mom, I called my dad. To share this moment with them. How beautiful it was.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Celi love for Mycelium

I had seen the videos over the last 4 years… Mycoremediation- using mycelium to breakdown different materials that are negative on this environment and breaking the carbon bonds with special enzymes to produce carbohydrates which can be positive or neutral in our environment I had also fallen for a couple new companies growing furniture with mycelium…. Following them online was a blessing, My passion followed in action.  I found a mushroom farmer in Kansas City. Carie Cave. Not only is she humble and full of love, but she allowed me in her space to teach me and show me the details in producing a culinary mushroom. Free Education through volunteering… I learned how sensitive this live culture is to light, air, and other competing microbes. I found my new love, oh and by the way, did you know that mushrooms are more closely related to the animal kingdom than to plants? These special microorganism are used to expand our mind, our body, and soon, recovering of our planets he

San Fransisco - LA Sweetgreen roadtrip 4-29-2018

Tuesday morning- April 24th I will be traveling with a Orion down the west coast with a final destination of Arizona. Orion works for a farm to table concept called SweetGreen. He builds personal relationships with the farmers to learn their system and values. We will be leaving San Francisco and visit farms throughout the west coast and the south states.  Orion and I begin on the road this morning towards a mushroom farm , high production high scaled. I want to focus on the education aspect of this but I can’t help pulling an emotional human experience with it. Orion and I visit Global Mushroom. Most everything is automated. Our guy Chris tells us that before they expanded he told the boss man about automation. Implementing this system into an old system doesn’t work. You can’t stop production to create a new way. You need to expand in to a new system as to make the old system obsolete.  The equipment mixes, weighs, drops the agricultural waste into wooden crate. Then t

Happy Hour / A straw experiement 6-22-2018

On Thursdays I go out with my dear friend Kianna and we spend all afternoon bar hopping for happy hour drinks. We enjoy the sunny patios, the cheap cocktails and conversations with those around us. The day leads us into the evening where we make our way to the bars of the night life, and of course finally to VIP lounge with bottle service galore. These Thursdays have become my science experiments on communication, consumerism, and consciousness.     I know plastic straws are measurable on impact to our environment and so I take most Thursdays as a time to communicate with bartenders, servers, and friends. I will be sure to speak up, make eye contact, and say those words “no straw please..” with a murmured “they are killing the planet” under my breath.  I tally how many people actually hear me, and that someone might speak up and say “hey that’s neat” but more likely a “oh she’s a no straw girl.. i don’t get it” I go through my night adding volume to my conviction as the musi