Skip to main content

My Celi love for Mycelium

I had seen the videos over the last 4 years…
Mycoremediation- using mycelium to breakdown different materials that are negative on this environment and breaking the carbon bonds with special enzymes to produce carbohydrates which can be positive or neutral in our environment
I had also fallen for a couple new companies growing furniture with mycelium….
Following them online was a blessing,
My passion followed in action. 
I found a mushroom farmer in Kansas City.
Carie Cave. Not only is she humble and full of love, but she allowed me in her space to teach me and show me the details in producing a culinary mushroom. Free Education through volunteering… I learned how sensitive this live culture is to light, air, and other competing microbes.
I found my new love, oh and by the way, did you know that mushrooms are more closely related to the animal kingdom than to plants? These special microorganism are used to expand our mind, our body, and soon, recovering of our planets health!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bella Napoli / Green Business Meeting 5-8-2018

I was present for a green business meeting hosted by BTG this Tuesday. The focus was food waste and the ways to improve. Bella Napoli is a family restaurant that thrives off of the threads of relationships it has weaved throughout the years. Bella Napoli is more than a conversation or one plate of pasta. It is a moment we share together that gets us through the lesser days. Behind these moments are the details of the work place.  Making lists, ordering products, organizing, prepping, serving, and of course loving. There is however more to our story, and that story continues in our trash bins. As much as a passing smile can carry itself through the day, so too does our trash carry itself way beyond our bins. Food waste is one of our beautiful problems. Sending food to the landfill creates methane. Creating a conversation about composting the wasted, and donating the left overs is not only something we can benefit from as a family who cares about their ho...

My Landscaping 5-8-2018

I have landscaped for over 10 years ranging from residential to commercial. I have worked heavy machinery to weeding of yards. I have worked in teams to plant thousands of mature plants, irrigation, 10 foot trees, weed barrier, mulch.  I have worked by myself, bare hands, leveling a foot of dirt,  loading/unloading trucks with hundreds of pounds of rock, dirt, mulch, plants. I am effective in my time. I am educated in what stays and what goes. I know the details in spacing, depth, light, water, nutrition. I not only plant with power, i plant with love. I personally speak to the flowers and the worms and I tell them thank you.  My belief is not in a perfect yard but a healthy yard. I believe in native plants and a couple of weeds, I support and specialize in butterfly gardens, rain gardens, and of course gardens. I love beautiscaping but I love even more educating on topics of soil health, native plants, and yards that support eco systems vs work against th...

Johnson County Landfill Tour 4-6-2017

Seeing is believing… and sometimes that’s just what it takes to put the mind in motion.. I began reaching out to landfills in the midwest around January of 2017. What I found is if they are private, there are no legal motions that require allowing public to see them.  Go to east or west coast and landfill tours may be more common. Here in the midwest however, most doors are closed. After reaching out to a few dozen landfills across multiple states, I put the phone down, stopped emailing, and went on with my life. Three months later I received an email from Mike Hey, the new director of communications and the Johnson county landfill. He said not only would he show me the landfill, but he would be honored. We met, and went on a drive… Over the mountains and through the hills to the Johnson county landfill we go. He had just taken position in Kansas City as Waste Management had just bought out deffenbaugh. A new guy on the floor to clean up years worth of messes. ...